The student news site of Borah High School

The Borah Senator

Filed under Books

Second of Maskame trilogy makes love complicated

Sophomore Elaina Swanson reads her copy of the second book in Estelle Maskame's trilogy,

Sophomore Elaina Swanson reads her copy of the second book in Estelle Maskame's trilogy, "Did I Mention I Need You?"

Gabriel Abille

Gabriel Abille

In the 352 more pages from Estelle Maskame, the story of Eden Munro and Tyler Bruce continues. “Did I mention I Need You?” brings us from a big city in California to a big city in New York.

Eden Munro has counted all 359 days since she last saw her stepbrother, Tyler Bruce. She has waited for summer to arrive, and when it does, she is on a plane to New York. Her mom on the other hand isn’t super excited; she’s more anxious than anything.

Moreover, Eden’s boyfriend, Dean, is not happy that she chose a summer in New York over a summer with him.

Her stepbrother has finished his tour and is waiting in New York for Eden’s arrival. When she gets off the plane and looks around, she finds his green eyes and literally leaps into his arms. The leaping part is not what Tyler expected, but he is just as excited to see Eden.

The New York adventure starts with a drive through the tunnel from New Jersey to New York. The apartment Tyler is staying in with his roommate, Snake, is what Eden would call a Man Cave. The first activity of the night is dinner.

The topic of Eden and Tyler’s relationship is brought up by Eden over dinner. Not wanting to have the discussion at the moment, Tyler tells her they can discuss it later. Later ends up being on the roof of Tyler’s apartment building and the news Eden gets is not what she was expecting.

Tyler is in no way over Eden, but Eden is with Dean. She loves Dean, but she also loves Tyler. The triangle is definitely complicated.

Snake and Tyler take Eden to her very first baseball game: Yankees vs. Red Sox. There a deal between Eden and Tyler is struck. If the Yankee shortstop, Derek Jeter, scores a home run, then Eden is going to have to break the rules.

As luck would have it, close to the end of the game, Jeter scores his home run. Now the situation becomes really complicated–but, as if it isn’t already complicated enough, Rachael arrives with two unexpected guests.

Dean wasn’t suppose to show up in New York. He has no idea what has been or is going on between Tyler and Eden. Tiffani is the girl that neither Eden or Tyler want to see. She is willing to step on anyone and do anything to get her way.

Broken is the word to describe Eden when the scenario goes wrong. Though now she has Tyler. Or does she? Telling their parents might just ruin things even more.