The student news site of Borah High School

The Borah Senator

Filed under Featured, Featured A&E

W.E.B. scholar winner quotes

Alexander Rooney

Alex Rooney

Winning this award means that I succeeded my goal to be among the top of the class which I’ve had since junior high. It’s a sense of accomplishment.

Savannah Armstrong

Savannah Armstrong

AP classes helped me a lot because it challenged me and being competitive I felt like the harder classes were meant for me.

Gibson Greenlee

Gibson Greenlee

This award shows my hard work with my tough courses and AP classes. To win this award gives me a very high sense of personal gratification.

Lucas Greenlee

Lucas Greenlee

There’s a major sense of accomplishment that comes with this award. I wasn’t sure what it was at first but I took a lot of AP classes that ended up helping me in the long run.

Benjamin Geffon

Ben Geffon

This is really important because I’ve taken the classes and extracurriculars and it would be nice to be recognized for my hard work. I definitely did this for me. All my hard work is for me.

Joseph Baker

Joseph Becker

Always wanted to be the best that I could be. Its nice to get this award because now I get to flex. But in all seriousness I get a sense of accomplishment knowing all my hardwork is paying off.

Joseph Davies

Joseph Davies

It would mean that the hard work of all the years have given recognition and representation of the hard work paying off. You Get recognized as a hardest working group of students in the school and get grouped with like minded people that work hard.

Kyle Dinh

Kyle Dinh

My friends and family have always been motivation for me. The biggest fear I have is to fail and I want to prevent that by working hard in school. I didn’t take these classes to look good, I’m taking them to actually learn about something I care about.

Elizabeth Barnett

Elizabeth Barnett

Being a winner means you kill yourself with AP classes and I was motivated to get ahead in college.

Lucas Langus

Lucas Langus

It’s nice to be recognized for having a thirst for knowledge as well as being recognized for going after the hard classes throughout my years at Borah.

Evan Magnusson

Evan Magnusson

The goal is going to a really good college and that’s been my goal throughout my entire academic career. This award means you’re graduating Borah as one of the few most qualified people who are ready to solve our generation’s problems and it also means you value creativity and lifelong learning.

Ian McCandless

Ian McCandless

I think that it’s a good award to show how hard I’ve worked through the last few years at Borah.  I think it’s an accomplishment and it’s a nice award that would be an honor to get. I’m self motivated. My parents held a standard but I liked to go and set my own to see what I can achieve. Teachers and peers have helped a lot but in the end you have to be Able to achieve your own standards.

Anna McClain-Sims

Anna McClain-Sims

It would be nice because it would be an affirmation of the hard work. It would be recognition from the school I love and respect. It would be nice to end the year with that confidence as I end here and further at a higher university. And it would be nice to get the recognition.

Amara Tariq

Amara Tariq

This is a sign of accomplishment because I worked so hard at being a strong student and I have accomplished a lot in order to win. This award to me is a mix of recognition  and it lets underclassmen know what they can do as in motivation with these classes.

Samantha Kraus

Samantha Kraus

Not quoted.